Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh Spring and Rizzo-How I love Thee!!

Oh how I love spring and all the blossoms and blooms that it brings. It also brings us outside. When it has not been raining, we have been outside. We watched a Momma bird sit on her eggs and then checked the nest to see the baby birds were gone.





We watched the Dogwood tress bloom. This has to be my favorite color of Dogwood. And then we watched the rain beat all the blooms off the trees.


We even hang out in the trees sometimes!


And Oh Rizzo, How I love Thee! Spring has also brought out the moles. Our yard is terrible. I don't think there is enough product in the stores to rid us of them. And that is why I love Rizzo. Most mornings we see her with her latest "live" toy. Most days it's a mole but she also favors field mice. Works for me. I just don't like it when she leaves them out for me to see. I would much rather her put up her "toys" when she is done. She has to be the best free cat that a person could ask for.



I just had to post the pretty face! Cailin and I got our haircut on Friday. The lady who did it also fixed Cailin's hair and told her how pretty she was. Cailin said that "we needed to go to Daddy's office to show him how pretty she was". So we did.


And last, my new hobby. Sewing. I have only been doing this about two weeks. And the projects are super-duper easy. This is a notepad cover.


This is a chapstick/lipstick case.

This is a travel tissue cover.

My friend told me that she would know that I was bored when I made a cover for the remote. I'm going to make some things other than covers, but these were very easy practice projects.
I wonder what people will be getting for Birthdays and Christmas????

1 comment:

Rosie said...

My goodness! You're so creative! Poetry, sewing, etc. I loved reading this blog, and the items you made are very pretty as is that sweetie pie posing for the camera. My mom was always an expert with sewing, and I'm sure she was a little disappointed that I didn't follow in her footsteps. I was lousy at it! Hugs to you all:-)