Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Vacation to Arkansas

Cailin and I just got back from a vacation to Arkansas. We spent a week with Mom and Dad and had a wonderful time. I thought a vacation was for resting, but we were busy!! We got there on Monday afternoon and rested the afternoon. Tuesday we rode up to Lake Greeson. It's about 20 minutes away and you never hit paved roads until you are there. Things have changed since my last ride through the hills. Glad Daddy was driving cause I would have gotten lost. We also spent some time outside blowing bubbles.

Nana would blow the bubbles and Cailin would catch them.
On Wednesday we went to the creek. I wanted some rocks to make a fire ring in my backyard. There are no rocks in KY so I had to import mine. We got them out of the creek in the hills. Cailin had lots of fun playing in the water. She was soaking wet by the time that we left. I didn't have my camera or extra clothes for her. I'll post pics once I get the rocks in place.

That afternoon we went to the water park. The water park is at the Crater of Diamonds State Park. It was a great couple of hours in the water. The deepest part was 3 foot and there was a slide. Cailin loved the slide once some older girls got her up there.







Daddy had already made a trade to have some chicken litter spread on the place. It came on Thursday. It was a very cool day and the wind came out of the North (the only day that it did). It was pretty smelly that day, so good thing we had made plans for the day. Cailin wanted to do to the cow sale. Dad and I took her to one in Feb. but it didn't last as long as she wanted. So we took her to Glenwood. The sale lasted longer than we did.

Friday we went to Oklahoma to see my Nanny. We spent the day with her and it was so nice to see her. Cailin is very lucky to have two great-grandmothers still living. We live next door to the other one. Nanny had to get ready for her Relay for Life event that night. She is a cancer survivor and we lost Pa to cancer in December.


Saturday Cailin and I went to Texarkana to visit a friend and do a little shopping. She was so tired by Sunday we were not going anywhere, but my friend in Texarkana called and they were taking their kids to the water park. I knew Cailin would love to go one more time, so off we went for a couple hours.


I wanted to take her picture in front of the sign going into the park.

She wanted hers in front of the Yield sign. We both got what we wanted

She was so tired that she fell asleep on the way home and I let her sleep for a few minutes when we got home.

Cailin and Papa spent a lot of time on the mule. They had to check the cows several times a day. Good thing Daddy had stocked up on gas before we got there.

Before we left they had rode so much and Cailin is such a big girl that she could and would close the gate all by herself.


Wished I would have gotten a better picture so you could see the Weiner dog riding with them. We had a great vacation. We came home on Monday and was glad to see Matthew, Belle, and Rizzo. Now we have to get busy finding a place for my rocks and Cailin got a bicycle from the neighbor kid next to Mom and Dad. So we have to learn to ride a bicycle. I hope you have a great time on your next vacation.











1 comment:

Rosie said...

What a great posting! I feel as though I was right there with you. Your trips back home remind me so much of mine and Lora's trips to KY when she was Cailin's age. What sweet memories:-) I'll be watching for a photo of your rock/fire ring. By the way, did I mention that I think Cailin is such a beautiful child? :-)